Whether you are a current college student or a recent graduate, Shirley has incredible opportunities for you.
- Project Delivery: If your passion is heavy highway construction management our engineer role is perfect for you. This entry level position is intended to provide 50/50 learning of field and office management needs for construction projects to prepare you for your future career path.
- Project Development: Interested in getting the work that keeps a company going? Take a look at our project development opportunities.
- Business Operations: If your dream is to support a top company from a business aspect, we have several opportunities for you.
- Human Resources
- Marketing / Communications
- Risk Management
Summer Associate Program:
Shirley’s summer associate program is twelve (12) weeks and provides a view of what it is like to work at Shirley through hands-on experiences. Summer associates have the opportunity to work in project development, project management, and business operations while taking on a wide variety of responsibilities.
In addition to gaining real-world experience, you will have the opportunity to build relationships throughout the organization taking part in activities such as breakfast with the executives, social events, job site tours, community service, trainings, and company events.
Summer Associate positions are located on job sites throughout Northern Virginia; Richmond, Virginia; and Williamsburg, Virginia; as well as in our corporate headquarters.
- Team Building Activities: From company picnics to company-sponsored social sports and sporting events, we take pride in building comradery in the Shirley Team.
- Celebrations: We take pride in our team members and celebrate all tenure anniversaries.
- Community Service: Our team members are passionate about giving back to the communities we work and live in. Each year we volunteer time and resources to a variety of charitable organizations.
- Employee Resource Groups: We value inclusion and diversity and as a subsidiary of Clark Construction we have our enERGy Network of employee resource groups to support our team members and foster a culture of togetherness.
Training and Development:
Our people are our greatest asset, and we take pride in their growth with our many training and development opportunities.
- Engineer Development Group: Shirley’s Engineer Development Group enhances project management learning and teaches participants the communication and technical know-how to do their daily activities.
- Boot Camp: Boot Camp provides project engineers ready to make the transition to management with a greater understanding of Shirley’s project management practices. During this intensive, off-site, week-long program, employees collaborate with our in-house experts and executives to develop the skills and knowledge base necessary to become project leaders.
Nothing is more important than the physical, mental, and financial well-being of our employees. Shirley offers a variety of benefits designed with the short- and long-term needs of you and your family in mind.
- Medical insurance (HDHP with HAS, PPO, and HMO options)
- Dental and vision insurance
- Pre-tax plans for healthcare and dependent care spending
- Fitness reimbursement
- Wellness program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Work/Life Assistance Referral Program
- Bright Horizon Family Solutions
- Education assistance program
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- 401(k) match of $0.50 on each dollar up to 5%
- Non-elective company contribution to 401(k)
- Roth IRA options
- Life, AD&D, short-term, and long-term disability insurance
- Pre-tax commuter benefits