Sharpen your skills and leverage your talents with the Shirley team. Maximize your true potential by increasing your value to the company, our customers, and business partners. Every team member plays a significant role in Shirley’s overall mission. These skilled trades are in high demand in our industry which means there’s ample opportunity and strong job security.
- Crash truck, dump truck, fuel truck, lowboy
- General and Skilled Laborers
- Heavy Equipment Operators
- Bulldozer, crane, excavator (rubber tire and track), loader (rubber tire and track), motor grader
- Diesel truck and heavy equipment
Craft positions are available in multiple locations. Click here to see the listings for all areas.
Our strength is in our people, our passion is their safety.
- Team Building Activities: From company picnics to company-sponsored social sports and sporting events, we take pride in building comradery in the Shirley Team.
- Celebrations: We take pride in our team members and celebrate all tenure anniversaries.
- Community Service: Our team members are passionate about giving back to the communities we work and live in. Each year we volunteer time and resources to a variety of charitable organizations.
Training and Development:
Our people are our greatest asset, and we take pride in their growth with our many training and development opportunities.
- On-the-job training:
- Winter training:
- General construction training:
“In the past six months I have learned so much. It has been great working for Shirley. My foreman and superintendent have done nothing but help me achieve my goals.”
– Kevin Quick (Excavator Operator)
Nothing is more important than the physical, mental, and financial well-being of our employees. Shirley offers a variety of benefits designed with the short- and long-term needs of you and your family in mind.
- Medical insurance (PPO and HMO options)
- Dental and vision insurance
- Pre-tax plans for healthcare and dependent care spending*
- Wellness program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Work/Life Assistance Referral Program
- Bright Horizon Family Solutions
- Education assistance program
- Paid time off and paid holidays*
- 401(k) match of $0.50 on each dollar up to 5%
- Non-elective company contribution to 401(k)
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Pre-tax commuter benefits