Our success as a company over the past four decades is directly linked to the accomplishments and strength of our people. Shirley’s many career development, networking, and learning opportunities are designed to allow individuals to grow and thrive professionally and personally. We are always looking for driven and dedicated individuals who are eager to grow with us.
Shirley offers opportunities for construction professionals at all stages of their careers.
- Our entry level position is intended to provide 50/50 learning of field and office management needs for construction projects to prepare you for your future career path.
- Project Engineer
- Senior Project Engineer
- Assistant Project Manager
- Project Manager
- Senior Project Manager
- Contract Manager
- Field Engineer
- Senior Field Engineer
- Assistant Superintendent
- Senior Superintendent
- General Superintendent
- Operations Manager
Shirley offers a variety of corporate positions for professionals of all backgrounds and levels of experience.
- Estimating / Pre-Construction
- Human Resources
- Marketing / Communications
- Risk Management
- Team Building Activities: From company picnics to company-sponsored social sports and sporting events, we take pride in building comradery in the Shirley Team.
- Celebrations: We take pride in our team members and celebrate all tenure anniversaries.
- Community Service: Our team members are enthusiastic about giving back to the communities we work and live in. Each year we volunteer time and resources to a variety of charitable organizations.
- Employee Resource Groups: We value inclusion and diversity and as a subsidiary of Clark Construction we have our enERGy Network of employee resource groups to support our team members and foster a culture of togetherness.
Training and Development:
Our people are our greatest asset, and we take pride in their growth with our many training and development opportunities.
- Engineer Development Group: Shirley’s Engineer Development Group enhances project management learning and teaches participants the communication and technical know-how to do their daily activities.
- Field Development Group: Shirley’s Field Development Group enhances field management learning and prepares participants to step into the role of Superintendent. During the program, participants build leadership and communication skills and gain valuable technical know-how through a curriculum of seminars, individual and group projects, and on-the-job training.
- Boot Camp: Boot Camp provides project engineers ready to make the transition to management with a greater understanding of Shirley’s project management practices. During this intensive, off-site, week-long program, employees collaborate with our in-house experts and executives to develop the skills and knowledge base necessary to become project leaders.
- ProLink: The ProLink event offers recent professional hires an opportunity to build their network by connecting with company leadership and their peers. Participants will gain insights from executives and learn about valuable company resources, leaving the event better positioned for success at Shirley.
Nothing is more important than the physical, mental, and financial well-being of our employees. Shirley offers a variety of benefits designed with the short- and long-term needs of you and your family in mind.
- Medical insurance (HDHP with HAS, PPO, and HMO options)
- Dental and vision insurance
- Pre-tax plans for healthcare and dependent care spending
- Fitness reimbursement
- Wellness program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Work/Life Assistance Referral Program
- Bright Horizon Family Solutions
- Education assistance program
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- 401(k) match of $0.50 on each dollar up to 5%
- Non-elective company contribution to 401(k)
- Roth IRA options
- Life, AD&D, short-term, and long-term disability insurance
- Pre-tax commuter benefits